From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-07 03:55:34

Eric Niebler wrote:
> If we expect people to successfully manage merging from trunk to
> release (we do, right?), there's needs to be a documented procedure.
> I confess
> that I don't know how to do it, and I have a backlog of changes I need
> to merge from trunk. :-(

When synchronizing SVN head with the code in the sandbox I used
TortoiseSVN's merge functionality, and it works very well: you even get to
do a "dry run" if you want to see what will happen first. However, that
doesn't help if you are using the command line client, but basically it's
just a wrapper around svn merge .... you have to keep a note of what
revisions were merged when (I put that in the docs so I don't forget), but
other than that it seems very straightforward.

Not sure this helps,

John.