From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-07 05:49:27

With the GSoC Visualization using SVG written by Jake Voytko, the use of Boost.Parameter has not proved a good idea as a way of
providing a zillion optional parameters. Jake is in the process of refactoring to remove it.

The effect on compile time is very bad (to me entirely unacceptable) and the method of chaining (every member function returns
*this) so you can write
plot.color(red).title("my_title"). ...

that Jake also used has proved much faster and just as convenient (in fact it allows a much nicer and more flexible layout).

So I strongly recommend against using Boost.Parameter based on this experience.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]