From: Glyn Matthews (glyn.matthews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-10 15:43:28

Mike, Dean,

On 10/12/2007, Michael Dickey <mike_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Dean,
>
> I think we could combine cpp-netlib's messaging classes with pion's
> HTTP parsing classes to establish a basis for HTTP processing and
> provide client-side support for HTTP/1.0 and 1.1.

FWIW, I'm familiar with both libpion and cpp-netlib and I would agree that a
crossover here would be of benefit to both groups.

> They both seem like sensible approaches to me. In either case, I
> think that HTTP would be a good starting focus for both, to get a
> working foundation incorporated into boost. We could always submit
> additional protocols independently for review as their implementations
> are finished.

I completely agree with this too. I think there are other individuals who
want to work on other protocols using cpp-netlib, but at different speeds
and more independently. I think this is the best way to make progress.

Glyn