From: Michael Dickey (mike_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-10 15:28:42

Dean,

I think we could combine cpp-netlib's messaging classes with pion's
HTTP parsing classes to establish a basis for HTTP processing and
provide client-side support for HTTP/1.0 and 1.1.

There's two possible approaches to this that I see, one is to merge a
"server" space into the Network library:

boost::net::basic_message<>
boost::net::http::request : public basic_message<>
boost::net::http::response : public basic_message<>
boost::net::server::tcp
boost::net::server::http : public tcp

Another would be to create an independent "server" library that uses
the Network library classes:

boost::server::tcp
boost::server::http : public tcp

They both seem like sensible approaches to me. In either case, I
think that HTTP would be a good starting focus for both, to get a
working foundation incorporated into boost. We could always submit
additional protocols independently for review as their implementations
are finished.

What do you think?

Take care,
-Mike