From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-11 00:19:11

Hi Mike,

On Dec 11, 2007 4:28 AM, Michael Dickey <mike_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean,
>
> I think we could combine cpp-netlib's messaging classes with pion's
> HTTP parsing classes to establish a basis for HTTP processing and
> provide client-side support for HTTP/1.0 and 1.1.

Great!

> There's two possible approaches to this that I see, one is to merge a
> "server" space into the Network library:
>
> boost::net::basic_message<>
> boost::net::http::request : public basic_message<>
> boost::net::http::response : public basic_message<>
> boost::net::server::tcp
> boost::net::server::http : public tcp
>
> Another would be to create an independent "server" library that uses
> the Network library classes:
>
> boost::server::tcp
> boost::server::http : public tcp
>
> They both seem like sensible approaches to me. In either case, I
> think that HTTP would be a good starting focus for both, to get a
> working foundation incorporated into boost. We could always submit
> additional protocols independently for review as their implementations
> are finished.
>
> What do you think?

I like the first one, where server:: is inside boost::net:: -- it at
least makes more sense that way, and if boost::server would be more
convenient, it can be pulled in appropriately with 'using
net::server'.

Would you mind committing the changes into the cpp-netlib subversion
project first, then perhaps later we go ahead and put it into the
boost sandbox?

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.