From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-13 13:40:55

>> This code compiles using Intel ICC 10.1, but fails with "error:
>> utility: No such file or directory in file included from /usr/local/
>> include/boost/tr1/functional.hpp" under gcc :
>

>> I don't think I'm doing anything blatantly stupid here...any ideas on
>> what's going on?
>
> Is this with Boost-1.34 ? If so there is a known bug (fixed in the
> Trunk,
> and hense the next release), which strikes only if Boost-1.34 is
> installed
> into an include path that appears *before* the gcc std lib include
> path.
> Typically this happens if Boost is installed into /usr/include by
> your Linux
> distro.

Unfortunately not. I'm using a fairly recent snapshot of the trunk;
version.hpp gives 103500. Boost is installed in the default
location : /usr/local/include/boost-1_35, with a symlink to it in /usr/
local/include/boost... I'll try checking out the latest trunk if you
think that will help... I'm compiling on OS X 10.5.1, BTW.

Matthias