From: David Bergman (David.Bergman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-14 12:15:00

It is a tiny bit confusing when people use "VC++ 2008" for "VC++ 8.0,"
since that compiler is part of "VS 2005." The same goes for "VC++
2009," which might make some Windows nerds think they missed the
latest alpha of something ;-)

For a proper isomorphism between year-based packages and compiler
versions, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_C++

/David