From: Richard Webb (richard.webb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-14 13:01:21

Marshall Clow <marshall <at> idio.com> writes:

> There are two issues having to do with VC 8 and VC 8 (and the random library)
> in the trac database. They are really the same thing, reported for
> two different
> versions of the compiler.
>
> Can someone with access to Visual Studio check these patches and let me know
if
> they work as advertised? I can apply it/them, if needed.
>
> The issues are:
> <http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1423>
> MSVC uniform int workaround not required for VC++ 2008
> and
> <http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1473>
> VC++ 2009 does not need workaround
>
> Thanks!

I can confirm that changing the line specified in the first ticket from

# if BOOST_WORKAROUND(_MSC_FULL_VER, BOOST_TESTED_AT(13102292)) && BOOST_MSVC >
1300

# if BOOST_WORKAROUND(_MSC_FULL_VER, BOOST_TESTED_AT(13102292)) && BOOST_MSVC
== 1400

allows the test to complete successfully when running "bjam -a msvc-9.0" from
the libs\random\test directory., and that running the same test with msvc-8.0
still works as well.