From: Olaf van der Spek (olafvdspek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-17 03:44:55

On Dec 17, 2007 3:24 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> on Sat Dec 15 2007, "Olaf van der Spek" <olafvdspek-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > http://boost.org/more/bugs.htm
> >
> >> Submit a bug report to either boost-users list, boost mailing list, or our bug tracking facility;
> >
> > IIRC Trac accounts are only for developers. Maybe it's a good idea to
> > include a Register link anyway and explain this?
>
> IS something missing from the new page content?
> http://beta.boost.org/support/bugs.html

Yes (IMO), the else clause.

> If you have a userid on the Boost Trac server, please log in.

I'd add that 'userids' are only for developers. Otherwise I'd still be
looking for a sign up link.

> >> submitting it to either of the mailing lists is a preferred way - because many of the Boost developers read the lists on a daily basis, this way you are likely to get a quicker response, and the discussions that often arise there from (possible) bug reports are quite interesting and educational as well;
> >
> > Why aren't reports from Trac forwarded to the mailing lists then?
>
> A maintainer of the library against which the bug is being reported
> will be automatically notified by email.

That's not equivalent. If it's enough, you can drop the 'submitting it
to either of the mailing lists is a preferred way' bit.
If it's not enough, you should forward them to the mailing list
automatically and again drop that bit.

Greetings,

Olaf