From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-26 17:27:53

Jeff Garland wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>> Well, I do live here. And Matthias seems to visit KITP once or
>> twice per year so I would think that it would be no more problematic
>> to do here than aspen or anywhere else.
>
> And are you willing to volunteer to do the needed legwork (I'm
> guessing at least 100 hours)?

Aaaa - I can't be more aggravation than making the serialization library.
Actually it would depend on whether they were set up for this kind of thing.
I've been to lectures over there and it seems like it would be suitable
setup - But I don't know what their policy would is. In any case, this be
for 2009 and the planing for that would still be months away. If there is
real interest I could look into it. It seems to me that Aspen is ideal in
lots of ways so I'm not making a case for SB. But since people were thowing
out ideas, I thought I'd pitch in my 2 cents. Given the largish european
boost contingency, from a practical standpoint, I would think an east coast
location would be attractive - to sort of "split the commute".

> Having been to Santa B a couple times,
> it would be a nice location -- not really nicer than Aspen, but nice.

LOL - well, we're doing the best we can.

Robert Ramey