From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-27 03:35:50

"Ilya Sokolov" <fal_delivery_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> unacceptable for DLL initialization. So i had to introduce new one.
> [snip]
> >> I still don't see why is it unacceptable. Can you state it explicitly?
> >
> > Hmm. How to state it more explicitly. How about this:
> >
> > It does not link.
>
> i.e.,
> boost::unit_test::test_suite* init_unit_test_suite( int, char* [] )
> link, but
> bool init_unit_test()
> doesn't link?

Quite the opposite. Original testrunner/initialization function signatures
cause Boost.Test fail to build as DLL.

> >> Problem arise with library that should work on both platforms, with
> and without dll support.
> >
> > What platforms are you talking about?
>
> dos/djgpp

I am not sure Boost.Test and/or Boost support these. What compiler r u
using? Do we run regression tests on these?

> > Why the solutions I provided are not satisfactory?
>
> they are too complex for such simple problem

The problem is far from being simple and what is complicated in solution I
recomended?

Gennadiy