From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-30 12:39:21

The chances of this a very small 1 in 3 values of a very narrow range- and only MS is known to have this problem as the link below
shows.

The following feedback item you submitted at Microsoft Connect has been updated:

Product/Technology - Visual Studio and .NET Framework
Feedback ID - 98770
Feedback Title - Decimal digit string input to double may be 1 bit wrong.

The following fields or values changed:

Field Status changed from [Resolved] to [Closed]

To view these changes, click the following link, or paste the link into your web browser:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=98770 (requires sign-in)

Amazingly (to me at least) this is a 'feature' and may not be fixed - despite it looking very much like a simple out-by-1 error.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]