From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-30 16:14:51

Paul A Bristow wrote:

> [...]

What is most amusing is that under .Net there is actually a format
specifier ('r') for converting a .Net String to and from a double which
guarantees that the textual representation will stay exactly the same.
Yet at the same time you are told in response to your report that
"Round-tripping through all the machinery of input and output passes
through various representations, and cannot be guaranteed to be
identical to the original."

However I did not see a way of guaranteeing this in native C++ under VC++.