From: Hervé Brönnimann (hervebronnimann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-05 23:30:03

Hi Ben: First of all, we missed (knowingly) the deadline for the
Bellevue meeting. I am simply too busy to finish the proposal
although I thought it was pretty much over before I saw your comments.

About the count functions: I'm not sure I like the non-count
functions anyway, and I don't think it's reasonable to provide the
transform functions in a C++ standard proposal. This is not
essential to C++ std lib, so it wouldn't have any support if it's too
big / too much at the fringe. So if we don't like the count
functions as they are, then I'd say let's take them out of the
proposal and only propose the next/prev_partial_permutation and next/
prev_combination functions. Makes the proposal more focused.

Nevertheless, a boost submission would have count and transform
functions, that would be no problem.

Cheers,

--
Hervé Brönnimann