From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 17:35:31

"Felipe Magno de Almeida" <felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
>>
>> Is more than one BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT, in different
>>
>> I never considered the possibility that this would ever occur. I see
>> no reason to ever do this and no reason why it should be difficult to
>> avoid doing. I would say is a user error.
>
> What if someone wants to create serialization code for multiple
> archives in different translation files? I know this is not *very*
> compelling, but it is a honest use for multiple BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT.

I would like to see BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT in the *.cpp file which
contains the class definitions. There should only be one of those. Look
at it this way - multiple definitions of the same function will give an
error at link time - but here - link time is moved to runtime.

>> I would like to trap it as such, but there is no way to distinguish it
>> from the
>> legitimate case where the some type is exported from
>> multiple DLLS.
>
> Changing std::multiset to std::set would be enough, wouldn't it?

Nope - that was exactly the problem. If the same type is used
in different DLLS, then there will be multiple static objects created
each loaded/unloaded as the dlls themselves are loaded/unloaded.

> The extended_type_info.cpp file uses a
> std::multiset<const extended_type_info *, ...>
> and remove_key tries to handle duplicate insertions in ktmap.
> But it fails always to do that, because m_key will be set to zero
> and so ktmap will be in a corrupted state since its key_compare
> asserts on m_key == 0.

This may be an error. I haven't looked it it yet.

Robert Ramey