From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-04 02:19:26

Ok, I've been entirely too busy to really read this thread -- I skimmed a few
posts. A few points...hopefully it won't be too redundant. I think this would
be a great contribution to boost, please do proceed. Second, I know the OMG
recently started discussing a new C++ binding. This thread might be useful
for the interested:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.ace/browse_thread/thread/339014494e602622

Third, I'd like to see the Boost community contribute and make recommendations
to a new CORBA binding. Or better yet, just build one. As *the* home of all
things C++ there's no group more qualified to get the C++ part right.

Last thought. Any of you'all coming to BoostCon? I'd be happy to set up a
Birds of a feather session one evening to work on this. Kevin Heifner from
OCI (they provide commercial support for TAO) will be presenting threading @
BoostCon -- I'm certain he'd be interested in this topic.

Jeff