From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 11:22:33

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:05 AM, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Jeff Garland wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I see that much care went into Boost.Thread to make it header-only,
> >> but autolinking to Boost.DateTime kind of defeats the purpose. :-)
> >>

> > 99% of date time can be used inline.
>
> Right, but does it always try to auto-link or only if you use the features
> that are in the separate library?

Well, I'm less certain of that -- it's a windows thing I don't use daily,
butI believe it can be shut off undefining BOOST_DATE_TIME_DYN_LINK. If
it's a serious problem, for 1.36 I'll just remove the date-time library for
good -- it's really only there to support some legacy code now...

Jeff