From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 13:28:20

Jeff Garland wrote:
>> Right, but does it always try to auto-link or only if you use the
>> features that are in the separate library?
>>

> Well, I'm less certain of that -- it's a windows thing I don't use
> daily, butI believe it can be shut off undefining
> BOOST_DATE_TIME_DYN_LINK. If
> it's a serious problem, for 1.36 I'll just remove the date-time
> library for good -- it's really only there to support some legacy
> code now...

I just had a quick try at fixing this: I refactored the headers so that
only:

date_generators.hpp
greg_month.hpp
greg_weekday.hpp

try and auto-link.

However, including <boost/thread.hpp> resulted in all of those headers being
indirectly pulled in by date_time, so auto-linking still occurs :-(

So I guess the question is whether this "legacy" code can be factored into
separate headers that are only pulled in if you need them?

Feels like the right thing to do if it's possible, but I don't understand
date_time well enough to do it :-(

HTH, John.