From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-26 17:51:27

>> Can you please elaborate on what makes a non-header-only library so very
>> problematic?

Its probably more a UNIX thing, I'm not sure if windows developers
could care one way or another.
But on LINUX/UNIX, there is a central repository of pre-built
libraries that we syncronize our
builds against. Uncecessarily adding new libraries makes the process
that much more to manage.
It is "so" much easier to not have to bother with that and just have
the compiler link in any functions
that are used at compile time from the headers. You would be
surprised to now how much compiler technology has
improved in the last 3-4 years. The old reasons for making libraries
are no longer always valid.
Compilers are very smart and very fast, and thats how I pefer to code.