From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 10:05:12

vicente.botet wrote:
> [...]

Yes, new libraries would have to be merged into branches/release by June 19.

> Why not start already a request for new libraries inclusion, we have
> just a month?

Yes, but I wanted to get feedback first.

> What does it means "have been make explicit their intention and are
> ready to", could be subjet to interpretation of the release manager, but an
> explicit request will be welcom.
> * the upgrades done 3 weeks before, i.e. the 10 july.
> * the critical fixes up to the 31 july (Of course the release manager will
> be impled on which fgixes are critical and which one can be done for the
> next release.

Yes.

> These seams quite good to me.
>
> Note that
> * nothing critical should be included after 10 July.
> * libraries not ready before 10 juin should be posponed to the next
> releasean so rejected for includsion from the 1.36 release
>
> This was just some precision on the dates and the contents view from my
> desk.

In other words, here is how the schedule would play out for this release:

June 19 - branches/release closed for new libraries and major upgrades
or breaking changes to existing libraries.

July 3 - branches/release closed for routine minor changes and fixes.
Still open for serious problem fixes.

July 10 - branches/release closed for all library changes except where
specific permission given by release manager(s).

July 15 (sooner if possible) Beta 1 target date. Continue to release
betas and/or release candidates as feedback dictates.

July 31 Release target date.

> Have a good 1.36 release!

Thanks,

--Beman