From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-27 11:26:48

> In my opinion, if someone found a critical bug in boost and she knows
> how to fix it, in most cases, she will be glad to contribute the fix to
> the library. The question is how difficult to contribute a bug fix and
> make it OFFICIAL (not my local fixed copy) as a new bugfix release, for
> example 1.32.100?

it is always a tradeoff between `code freeze' and `bug fixes' ... in the
weeks before the 1.35 release, i posted some patches for gcc-4.3
compatibility, which were rejected since the code was already frozen ...

imo, a boost 1.35.1 release, fixing bugs in 1.35.0 and with gcc-4.3
support is quite important ... if users are not able to use the latest
release, but are forced to use a specific version, they need to maintain
their own branch of boost ...

best, tim

--
tim_at_[hidden]