From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-28 12:49:33

Torsten,

> I'm pleased to see so much activity in the development of Boost.Units
> recently. I try to apply it myself in some code to model physical
> systems. There it helps me a lot to ensure the correct use of the
> model
> parameters inside the model equations and to ensure the correct
> composition of components to a system model. Certain component
> behaviour, I would like to parametrize for each component instance by
> passing a functor describing, e.g., a signal waveform or a non-linear
> relation between to quantities. I therefore tried to combine
> Boost.Units
> with Boost.Lambda and Boost.Function.

This looks like a very nice starting point for integration of
Boost.Units with Lambda/Function. We naturally are enthusiastic about
anything that leverages existing Boost technology and will extend the
applicability of the Units library. If you are interested in putting
together some extended examples and a test suite for this stuff and
working to ensure that it functions well on the covered range of
compilers, I think a <boost/units/lambda.hpp> header would be a nice
extension to the library.

Matthias