From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-08 09:31:26

Matthias Troyer wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2008, at 3:30 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> Below is a list of libraries whose header files appear to differ
>> between the trunk and branches/release.
>

>> mpi
>
> Hi Beman,
>
> I've done a diff on every single file and see no difference. Can you
> tell me which file is the problem?

It's a false alarm.

The script is looking at the file size, and assuming the contents are
different if the size is different. For these files:

   boost/mpi/detail/mpi_datatype_primitive.hpp different size
   boost/mpi/detail/packed_oprimitive.hpp different size

The size is different (and I've used several ways to look at the sizes)
even though contents are the same.

I'll track down what is happening and fix the script to avoid the
problem in the future.

Sorry for the noise,

--Beman