From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-25 15:38:24

Beman Dawes wrote:

> Although it does look like we will be able to hold to a quarterly
> release schedule, it is really doubtful we have enough resources to
> issue point releases.

This has firmed up: there will be no point releases until quarterly
releases are working very smoothly and we have enough resources to
integrate point releases into our quarterly workflow.

> To get bug fixes into user's hands more quickly, should we provide hot
> fixes when appropriate?

I'm going to try providing some Filesystem patches to see if users find
them helpful. I've tried to incorporate several comments from this
thread into the instructions.

See http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/HotFixes

If any other developers would like to post 1.36.0 patches, please feel
free to add them to the above page.

--Beman