From: Sandeep Gupta (gupta.sandeep_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-25 16:02:39

Hi David,
  I hope its not a compatability issue. Here are the steps I followed

1. Downloaded python source and compiled with intel compiler.

2. Downloaded boost 1.36 and checkout bgl_python from svn repository of
osl.iu.edu.

3. Followed the instructions for building/installing boost, boost.python,
and bgl_python.

4. The tests under examples under libs/python/example/ pass.

5. Firedup python and issued command "import boost.graph as bgl". This line
fails with error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "...../bgl-python/lib/python/boost/graph/__init__.py", line 16, in
<module>
    from boost.graph._graph import *
ImportError: "...../bgl-python/lib/python/boost/graph/_graph.so: undefined
symbol: _ZN5boost5graph6python11basic_graphINS_11undirectedSEED1Ev"

5. Tried several permutation/combination of LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
sys.path.append('.. ') but with no success.

I also tried with bgl_python in the sandbox and the same issue shows up.

Thanks
sandeep