Subject: Re: [boost] [RangeEx] Range & RangeEx
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-12 08:28:33

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Robert Jones <robertgbjones_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> RangeEx appears to have the functionality I'm seeking, which is the
> std algorithms
> overloaded for ranges, but there's few things I'm not clear about.
>
> I've downloaded the range_ex.zip archive from the vault, but I'm not clear
> if it replaces or extends Boost.Range. Am I now able to write things like

I intend the Boost.RangeEx proposal to replace Boost.Range.

> #include <vector>
> #include <iostream>
> #include <iterator>
> #include <boost/range.hpp>
>
> void f( vector<int> const & v )
> {
> using namespace std;
> using namespace boost;
> copy( v, ostream_iterator<int>( cout, " " );
> }

This sort of thing should work, but of course it's missing closing
parenthesis as posted.

If you have any problems at all please let me know so that I can remedy
them. I'm not getting much feedback suggesting bugs, but I am getting some
feedback suggesting possible improvements to performance particularly with
respect to the range adaptors and chained range algorithms.

I hope this helps,
Neil Groves