Subject: Re: [boost] Proposed templated integer_sort
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-03 12:34:14

AMDG

Steven Ross wrote:
> Thanks, Steve. That Jamfile works for building it (debug).
> A couple issues:
> 1) When I try "bjam release" on my system with toolset=darwin (the correct
> toolset), I get all kinds of errors from the -gdwarf-2 option.

It looks like this option is being added unconditionally on darwin.jam
line 332.
What exactly is the error?
What is the command line being used?
Can you figure out what the command line should be?

> 2) How do I find (or move) the executables bjam builds? It's building them
> in ../../../bin.v2/libs/algorithm/sorting/darwin-4.0.1/debug/, which won't
> work on other systems if I provide a link in tune.pl.

I included a --tune option that uses the release variant
and forces everything to be built in the directory of the Jamfile.

> I could convert the tuning script to another language (or even C++) if
> that's necessary, though that might take me a while. I picked PERL because
> it's easy and available on most platforms.

Perl is fine. It's just a Makefile, hard coded to use gcc, that's a
problem.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe