Subject: Re: [boost] [time series] What happened to this library?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-04 11:56:02

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> OK, now the version of Time_series in the vault is both up-to-date
>> *and* functional. Imagine that. :-P
>
> Excellent!
>
> 1 It is time for this to move to the sandbox?

Be my guest.

> 2 Docs are a really good example of the power of Doxygenation - and
> good comments-in-code - not just throwing the code at Doxygen and
> thinking that is enough! (Last revised: December 11, 2006 at
> 23:18:53 GMT Is this true?).

Probably. I didn't rebuild the docs.

Not to dampen your enthusiasm, but I'm a bit disillusioned with Doxygen.
Time_series and Accumulators push the Doxygen to its breaking point, and
Proto was just too much for it. I used Doxygen to a first approximation
(with Wave as a preprocessor!), then had to hand-edited its output to
get anything approaching a usable reference for Proto. There is just no
substitute for a hand-written reference section, IMO. Then again, this
may just be a case of PiNT (Proto is Not Typical).

> 3 I am close to updating the documentation (and enhanced code) for
> the GSoC 2007 SVG plot project by Jake Voytko - including
> Doxygenation and John Maddock's auto indexing. The code is in a
> useful (but unpolished) state and I am confident it will allow neat
> graphs to display data like time_series with minimal programming
> effort. The SVG files produced are tiny, but high quality, and can
> be viewed with quality browsers.

You're thinking of using SVG plot to improve Time_series' documentation?
I'm all in favor.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing