Subject: Re: [boost] German Boost book updated
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-04-30 02:33:46

Boris Schaeling escribió:
> For those who know German: I've added five more chapters to my Boost book
> at http://www.highscore.de/cpp/boost/. There are now altogether 16
> chapters covering 29 Boost libraries. The book does not try to replace the
> documentation but is written in a tutorial style to give developers a kick
> start. It explains what the numerous libraries are good for and how they
> are used without going too much into detail. Any feedback is, as always,
> appreciated!

Hi Boris,

Something I'm curious about: Why did you decide to write the book in German
rather than English? When I've been to Germany my impression is that almost
everybody spoke English, and this is probably more so among the book's
audience.
Having it in English widens your potential reader base (it would also be
confronted
by more competitors, I guess).

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo