Subject: Re: [boost] trunk vs release
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 12:08:54

Robert Ramey wrote:
> This discussion demonstrates what's wrong with the current testing of the
> trunk.
>
> Here is the way it should be done.
>
> For each library that is changed, the library version on the trunk should be
> tested against
> the release branch.

I fully agree. This requires boost to become modular, with dependencies
between libraries properly being tracked and cared for, such that such
an arrangement becomes possible. (There are many more advantages to a
modular boost, which I won't repeat here, as we have had such
discussions multiple times in the past, never getting anywhere.)

Regards,
       Stefan