Subject: Re: [boost] AlRangeExandrescu?
From: James Porter (porterj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-24 01:15:20

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> However, I donøt think RangeEx should try to do this design. That's a
> job for Boost.RangeExEx, or some GSOC project.

To be honest, I'd really love to see a ground-up redesign of the STL
that uses ranges and takes advantage of some of the other niceties that
modern C++ (especially 0x) can provide us. The loss of concepts makes
this lose its luster a bit, but perhaps a complete redesign of the STL
with concepts in mind (as opposed to trying to put concepts into the
current STL) would help to give some insight on how concepts *should* work.

I've hesitated on doing much with this, since I'm still trying to figure
out a place for multidimensional containers in all this, and they don't
map quite so easily onto the concept of ranges (especially with respect
to for loops, which are by definition a one-dimensional sequence).

- Jim