Subject: Re: [boost] "I want everything" should build "out of the box" (on Windows)
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 05:20:42

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:00:11 +0200, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]
>> I have another question: What exactly does <find-shared-library> do?
>> Does
>> it automatically define and use a lib target like:
>>
>> lib xy : : <name>xy <link>shared ;
>
> It's the other way around, actually. <find-shared-library> instructs to
> link
> against named library, so
>
> <find-shared-library>x
>
> results in
>
> -lx
>
> on linux (and x.lib on windows). 'shared' means to make sure it's
> actually
> shared.

If I need to set a path to x on a platform because I know
<find-shared-library> won't be able to find x automatically can I add a
"lib x" rule to a configuration file as a fallback mechanism? Then I could
use <search> to help <find-shared-library> to find x?

Boris