Subject: Re: [boost] "I want everything" should build "out of the box" (on Windows)
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 06:06:21

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:57:12 +0200, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]You can, but it's somewhat non-direct. The <library-path> is the
> low-level
> feature. That is, if you define

> the targets that use xy will get additional
>
> <find-shared-library>xy <library-path>foo
>
> properties. There are little reasons to directly use the latter features
> these days, to be honest.

Ah, so you recommend to always use the lib rule? Then I won't add
<find-shared-library> and <library-path> to my tutorial - if there are too
many details and too many options people just get lost and probably give
up trying to find out what to use when.

Boris