Subject: Re: [boost] The C++ Post-Processor
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-18 10:04:43

On 18 Oct 2009, at 14:42, Christian Schladetsch wrote:

> C++ could make C++ quite easily, especially if using a tool like
> ANTLR. But
> whatever the means, it is a sad state that C++ doesn't have a C++
> interpreter or a C++ runtime. Perhaps the work done on Boost.Wave
> could be
> used to make it.

I think you MASSIVELY underestimate the complexity of implementing C++.

The best current attempt I'm aware of is the clang project ( http://clang.llvm.org/
  ) which is aiming to produce a BSD-licensed C++ front-end of the
LLVM project. They are making very good progress through a very
difficult piece of work, and I'm sure would be happy with any help
anyone might offer.

Chris