Subject: Re: [boost] New boost packaging suggestion for windows
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-28 15:29:55

Hello,

On 10/28/2009 11:34 AM, Julian Bangert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday I tried to download the boostpro binaries for windows and I
> had to download over a gigabyte to get all configurations for VS 2008.

Sadly, the only point being discussed so far is the online registration.
What I find to be at least as annoying is the size of the package. And
by that I'm not (only) referring to the memory or bandwidth. The most
important issue is the burden of having to deal with such an amount of
data, even if I'm only interested into a relatively small part of boost.

I wonder whether there is still any thought or even effort spent on
breaking boost up into individual components that can be built, tested,
and ultimately also packaged separately. Any news on that ?

Thanks,
         Stefan