Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Beta 1 release candidate
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-03 13:21:26

Download and unpack fine - Vista, MSVC 9.0. It seems to have grown ;-)

Rebuilt a few things...

NO showstoppers :-))

but a few minor observations...

As usual was confused by instructions on building libraries. No warning that it
will take quite a long time.

I suspect many Windows users may not need all the versions of all the libraries.
Regex and Test and Datetime most popular?

I repeat my suggestion that a few well-chosen command files would be *much* more
immediately useful and reduce the steady stream of cries for help on the mailing
list.

Not helped by missing link to Boost.Build documentation:

File "boost-build/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/invocation.html"not found.

From:
"For a complete description of these and other invocation options, please see
the Boost.Build documentation."

As usual a slew of warnings :-(

"warning C4702: unreachable code" - in Boost.Test
Shall I submit Trak for these?

"warning C4180: qualifier applied to function type has no meaning; ignored"
in math library (mea culpa - submit Trak to self!)

and C4180 in Fusion too.

This C4180 seems such an unhelpful warning that I wonder if it should be
'globally' suppressed in Boost config.

Does anyone consider C4180 a useful warning to them? It is a problem on other
platforms?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow