Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Beta 1 release candidate
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-03 14:25:12

Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> Download and unpack fine - Vista, MSVC 9.0. It seems to have grown ;-)
>
> Rebuilt a few things...
>
> NO showstoppers :-))
>
> but a few minor observations...
>
> As usual was confused by instructions on building libraries.

What exactly was confused? Did you follow "Simplified Build from Source",
or something else?

> No warning that it will take quite a long time.

Where do you suggest to print/show such a warning?

> I suspect many Windows users may not need all the versions of all the libraries.
> Regex and Test and Datetime most popular?
>
> I repeat my suggestion that a few well-chosen command files would be *much* more
> immediately useful and reduce the steady stream of cries for help on the mailing
> list.

Can you elaborate?

> Not helped by missing link to Boost.Build documentation:
>
> File "boost-build/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/invocation.html"not found.
>
> From:
> "For a complete description of these and other invocation options, please see
> the Boost.Build documentation."

This is a strange hiccup of the web site. The nightly build of Boost.Build,
which is pulled by the site and then served, is just fine.

- Volodya