Subject: Re: [boost] GGL - segments [was: Updating the Boost Review Process]
From: Brandon Kohn (blkohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-19 12:13:22

Barend Gehrels wrote:

> The segment type provided by default is indeed holding references and it
> does that on purpose. That avoids copying points all the time.
> AFAIK the segment intersection algorithm does not use those references,
> it refers to segments in the generic way, using get<0,0>(segment) etc.
> It makes no difference if you're using a segment by reference or a
> segment by value.

Maybe so, but that still doesn't help when you want to have a collection
of segments. For example, in my testing I wanted to calculate the
intersection between a huge number of segments, and with GGL's you can't
do this:

typedef boost::tuple<double, double> point_type;
typedef ggl::segment<point_type> segment_type;

//! segment_type does not model the default constructible concept.
std::vector< segment_type > segments;

Brandon