Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation - was C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-02 13:36:42

Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> Then we need a "Developing For" or equivalent logo in addition, because "Proposed for" seems to be reserved for the review queue. I would be also OK with this. I just tried to come closer to a final agreement. (So I was agreeing with Patrick, and explicitly spelled out what it means in my specific case.)

But before it gets on the review queue, it doesn't really have an
association with boost and could only use the powered by (if it was
using other boost libraries of course)--wait, that was your point wasn't
it! Now I get it:) n.b. I think a pre-PROPOSED FOR icon would look
really silly, no?

My position on this, is that your quickbook generated doc for
not-yet-on-review-queue software could link to POWERED BY icon iff your
software uses other libraries, but that otherwise it would be premature
to claim any association with boost. That's what started this whole
discussion on another thread, the use of a boost logo for something that
was on review bothered some. The use of a PROPOSED FOR icon for
something not on the review queue or any other icon other than the