Subject: Re: [boost] [log] init methods and named parameters
From: Christoph Heindl (christoph.heindl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-05 08:37:41

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> And now for my latest documentation hiccup: init_from_stream and
>> init_from_settings both look promising. I pull up the docs and
>> take a look at each. I follow the basic_settings link. I poke around
>> some more..... and now I'm getting frustrated again. Where do I
>> find list of possible settings? Why isn't there a link in the docs
>> to give me a hint of where to go?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ybxzlec
>
> All parameters are described in tables, with an example in the end.

>From skimming the implementation I saw that you implemented parsing the
configuration files yourself. Without knowing your code/requirements in detail,
I wondered if the initialize by settings functionality couldn't be
implemented by reusing
boost.program_options [1] and therby reducing the amount of code to
maintain in boost.log?

-- Christoph

[1] http://bit.ly/94opNx