Subject: Re: [boost] The problems with Boost development
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 16:39:33

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> I can't figure
> out how other authors run all the tests in their particular libraries
> prior to checking in or how users verify that any particular
> library works in their environment without some sort of tool
> such as this.

I just run bjam (from within emacs using `M-x compile RET bjam RET').
At the end it tells me if there were failures. If there were, I hit f4 (which
I've bound to "show me the next error") and go look at the problem. It
brings me right to the source line in question and highlights the error,
right there in the program I use to edit code. I find that much easier
than trying to deal with it through a web interface. I guess it never
occurred to me what a PITA this must be fore people who don't have
something similar set up!

not-an-editor-but-an-operating-system-ly y'rs
Dave