Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-23 21:26:15

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Tom Brinkman <reportbase2007_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'd be curious to know more about what your talking about.  Do you have a
> link or something that could illustrate a C++ graphics library that uses
> boost style functors and other modern C++ techniques.
>
> I was the review manager of boost::gil so i'm familiar with the best C++
> effort yet. However, Gil is designed to be a wrapper around other libraries
> graphics libraries, which all to my knowlege have C style interfaces.
> However, GIL is just that a wrapper and a very good one at that.  I use it
> regulary and have given large presentations about it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but my information is that Adobe
doesn't use GIL, which I think speaks to your initial rant about
people not wanting to adopt Boost libraries because of 1-5.

In the case of GIL at least, I think that the "people" are plain
wrong. As a library designer, I'd rather do what's right, not what
"people" want.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.