Subject: Re: [boost] Low discrepancy sequences (Boost.Random)
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-25 17:14:17

AMDG

Justinas V. D. wrote:
> 2010.03.25 19:50, Steven Watanabe rašė:
>>> 2) I am not exactly a Boost.Random guru, so I probably missed some
>>> conceptual requirements, but it works just fine with uniform_01
>>> template (see dim2demo.cpp).
>>
>> A few things that you could add
>> a) non-default seeding.
>> b) stream operators.
>
> Non default seeding is an interesting question in this case, because
> it is not really clear whether this means "allow the user to
> initialize the lattice as she wishes", because in this case we would
> (potentially) lose quasirandomness, which is the whole point of this
> generator,

Okay.

>> Would you be willing to write documentation for this as well?
>
> Certainly. I think I will come up with something by the next week.

If you could add doxygen comments to the header,
that would be great. There should probably also
be some general documentation of quasi-random
sequences. There isn't currently a concept for
quasi-random number generators.

The source for the documentation is at
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/random/doc

You can view the current generated html at
http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/doc/html/boost_random.html

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe