Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Some Ideas about the Boost.Process
From: Felipe Tanus (fotanus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-25 17:16:34

Boris, Thanks for your answer

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Boris Schaeling <boris_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> As far as I am concerned Boost.Process shouldn't be required to support
> signals. First there are already so many other things to do.

True.

> Second it's
> true that Windows doesn't support signals at all (apart from those two you
> mentioned and I think SIGFPE). You are then in POSIX land anyway?

Windows support signals. I got this from signal.h (from a windows system):

[quote]
#define SIGINT 2 /* interrupt */
#define SIGILL 4 /* illegal instruction - invalid function image */
#define SIGFPE 8 /* floating point exception */
#define SIGSEGV 11 /* segment violation */
#define SIGTERM 15 /* Software termination signal from kill */
#define SIGBREAK 21 /* Ctrl-Break sequence */
#define SIGABRT 22 /* abnormal termination triggered by
[/quote]

More info in MSDN[1]

> Thus I wouldn't care about signals for now.

I got your point. There is more work to do instead keep adding
unfinished features to the lib. In my proposal, I'll not include this,
but I would like to program this someday.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xdkz3x12%28VS.71%29.aspx

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus_at_[hidden]