Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2010: Heaps and Queues
From: Dan Larkin (danielhlarkin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-09 12:24:24

I guess I should also say that I do understand that writing concepts is
not a top-down process in general; however, in this case, given that
heaps are well-documented theoretically and that Boost already has a few
different heap implementations lacking a proper concept (or perhaps
rather needing an improved one is more accurate), it's not entirely
top-down here either. In this case, writing a concept first is
partially top-down from the theory perspective and partially bottom-up
from the learning from other implementations perspective. From that
concept then, which should be relatively balanced and involve much less
guesswork than usual due to the bidirectional approach, can be used as
top-down guidance for library development.

There, I think that got my point across a little better than my
impassioned rambling from earlier this morning. Hopefully that thought
process at least makes sense, even if you don't agree with it?

Dan Larkin