Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45] Beta final schedule
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-20 04:39:04

Christopher Lux wrote:
> there is a long standing problem with multi_array and Visual Studio
> 2010 [1]. Will the patch be part of 1.45?
>
> Will there also be some fixes to the multitude of warnings generated
> when using boost with Visual C++ in x64 projects (gcc seems not to
> care about most the stuff VC++ complains about)? Most warnings are
> generated by int <-> size_t conversions.
>
> [1] https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4539

I haven't followed multi_array lately, but the last merge from trunk to release was in 2007 (when I last checked mid of this year), even so there have been fixes on trunk. So before applying this patch, merging the current trunk to release might be a good idea. I don't think there was any specific reason (or problem) why multi_array changes weren't merged to release, except probably lack of time.

In case the trunk version of multi_array has been merged to release in the meantime, please ignore this message.

Regards,
Thomas