Subject: Re: [boost] Is it time for another bug sprint? (Post 1.45 release, I mean)
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 10:44:33

On 1:59 PM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 27 October 2010 03:24, Jim Bell <Jim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> On 1:59 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
>>> What do people think?
>> What's the benefit of releasing 1.45 before a bug sprint?
> http://beta.boost.org/users/news/version_1_45_0
>
> That's a lot of fixes. What's the benefit of not releasing them?

Thanks for the link. That's the view I was looking for!

I see thirteen libraries on the list. Are these entries submitted by
their authors?

I don't want to rehash the AWOL-Authors discussion, and I realize this
is a work in progress, but only 13 libraries are represented. I presume
serialization and thread will be added, but that still seems like only a
fraction of the libraries showing yellow on the regression matrix.

Do the release managers take on library work?

Do they assess the regression matrix?

By the way, I appreciate all the work that everyone puts into boost, and
hope all my comments are taken in the good sportsmanship they're intended.