Subject: [boost] [Probing interest] -- automatization of writing predicates.
From: Petr PilaÅ™ (email_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-18 08:27:03

Hi folks,
I often find myself in a situation where I need a simple comparison predicate
for filtering, look-up, etc. Writing such predicates can get tedious over time
and adds unnecessary "bloat", especially when you use the predicate only once.

For that reason I have automated this process and I'm interested whether
others might find it useful as well.

Usage example:
auto_predicate(&ClassName::getter, compareWithMe) -- this returns functor
which compares the returned value with compareWithMe using == operator.

auto_predicate(&ClassName::getter, compareWithMe, comparator) -- this returns
functor which compares the returned value with compareWithMe using the given
comparator. (Note: getter return type does not have to match compareWithMe
type have you supplied comparator with proper signature.)

Best regards,
Petr PilaÅ™.