Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] svn.boost.org slow
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-18 12:06:46

On 11/17/2010 4:53 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 3:58 PM, Jim Bell wrote:
>> On 1:59 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>> It was kinda a loaded question on my part :-) But I didn't want to
>>> bias your response by telling you ahead of time that I did work on it
>>> over the weekend& Monday. And did some minor changes that sped things
>>> up somewhat. Still looking for other things to do.
>>
>> I still see load averages in the 12-16 range, which seems high. Is that
>> a concern?
>>
>> Seems like it's caching or something: response times seem pretty uneven.
>> (Aren't I the typical user? Even if it did my laundry and read my mind,
>> I'd still stay, "yeah, but look at what it's still not doing!")
>>
>> But it does seem significantly better! Thanks!
>
> Having just executed a couple of queries and modified some trac tickets,
> I can say that trac is still really slow.

Right.. Some things are much faster, because of caching and low server
needs like most of the wiki content. But other are still slow, but
faster than they where before, like complicated queries..

> One of the queries even timed
> out waiting for svn.boost.org to respond.

Which one specifically? I could use it as a test case to measure
improvements and investigate why it's slow.

> I'd say there's still a
> problem. Rene, anything you could do would be hugely appreciated. I'm
> talking BIG karma in the afterlife. :-)

I'd prefer BIG karma in my current life though ;-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything