Subject: Re: [boost] Proposed Library Boost.Algorithm
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-09 16:40:25

On 31/03/2011 00:03, Marshall Clow wrote:

> So, what's in this proposal?
>
> 1) Three search algorithms: Boyer-Moore, Boyer-Moore-Horspool and Knuth-Morris-Pratt. (search.hpp)

Clearly the most interesting bit of the library IMO.

However, it seems it only allows searching for the substring from the
beginning to the end, a shame ; it should allow the other way around too.
Bad dealing of reverse string searching in Boost.StringAlgo is the
reason why I personally had to rewrite big chunks of that library for my
uses.

The "bummer" bits are weird. Partial specialization of function
templates is not possible, but SFINAE comes pretty close to being
equivalent. But looking at the code, I don't think how any would help.

> 3) A set of predicates for determining other properties of a sequence, based on some suggestions for C++0x. (all.hpp)

It could be argued the _if variants are useless in presence of the
filter iterator/range adaptors.